Translate

Thursday 5 June 2014

Somee.com connection string

Somee.com connection string

introduction

I am currently using somee.com free hosting plan. Then I started to deploy my website everything was working fine except for database and membership database, and then I created a database from the hosting company [somee.com] they gave me a connection string but I was not sure how to integrate it to my website. I tried searching on Google but could not find a good code snippet to demonstrate, how to integrate some.com connection string to my website.
But I managed to solve this problem myself the only the only thing that I need to fix now is the membership database, so I can login, create users etcetera.

development environment connection string

This is the connection string I use in development environment
<connectionStrings>
  <add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|\aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true"
   providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
 </connectionStrings>

production environment connection string

This is the connection string I use in production environment
  <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="workstation id=Bhubesi.mssql.somee.com;packet size=4096;user id=sizwe_SQLLogin_1;pwd=94rs8ez6pg;data source=Bhubesi.mssql.somee.com;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Bhubesi"  providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
  </connectionStrings>


No comments :